Recovery Programs – Lansdale
Recovery programs are designed to help those with a drug or alcohol addiction successfully recover from their dependence issues and prevent relapse.
Recovery programs are highly diversified and include government-sponsored rehab centers, luxury rehab facilities, and cultural- or community-based programs. Both inpatient and outpatient programs are available, and if you’re unsure, an addiction counselor can help you decide which types of Lansdale addiction recovery programs might be right for you.
Different Models for Addiction Treatment Therapies
Addiction treatment therapies address the complex psychological issues surrounding an addiction. Decades of research have led to the development of a large number of addiction treatment therapies that are administered through recovery programs. There are four major categories for addiction treatment therapy.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy helps patients learn to identify, evaluate, and change harmful thoughts, attitudes, ideas, and behaviors.
- Family therapy helps restore function to families through improved communication and the resolution of various underlying issues.
- Motivational interviewing is essential for helping patients identify their own intrinsic motivations for wanting to beat an addiction.
- Motivational incentives reward patients with tangible goods like cash or vouchers for maintaining sobriety, attending meetings, and meeting personal goals.
Types of Treatment Therapies
Not every type of therapy works for every person in recovery. However, the wide variety of both traditional and alternative treatment therapies ensures a holistic approach that addresses each individual’s particular needs and issues as they pertain to mind, body, and spirit.
- Smart Recovery is a popular alternative to 12-Step programs like Alcoholics or Narcotics Anonymous and draws on four points for recovery: Maintaining motivation, living a healthy and balanced lifestyle, managing emotions, thoughts, and behaviors, and coping with cravings.
- Group meetings provide patients with a community of peers in various stages of recovery. Group members share experiences and resources and provide a level of accountability to the individual.
- Individual therapy guides patients as they work through very specific, personal issues that contribute to addictive behaviors and helps them develop personalized skills to cope with those issues.
- Art therapy provides patients with the opportunity to engage their mind in creative pursuits that offer imaginative and productive ways to convey emotions and relate experiences to promote healthy ways of communicating.
- Moral reconation therapy helps patients who engage in hedonistic thought patterns to gain a higher level of moral reasoning that considers the greater good for both the individual and society.
- Yoga promotes physical and mental balance, flexibility, and strength. It relives stress, fosters mindfulness and body awareness, and contributes to an overall healthy lifestyle.
- Biofeedback is the process of controlling involuntary body responses to stress through techniques like progressive relaxation and deep breathing to reduce stress on the spot and gain psychological confidence.
The Principles of Effective Treatment
Regardless of the types of therapy offered through a particular addiction rehab center, quality recovery programs base their protocol on the Principles of Effective Treatment, which were developed based on research into what makes an addiction treatment program successful. The Principles of Effective Treatment are 13 tenets that should guide any quality recovery program and include the acknowledgements that:
- Addiction is a highly complex disease that affects brain function and behavior, and although addiction is a chronic disease, it’s a treatable one.
- There is no single treatment therapy that will work for every patient in recovery.
- In order for a treatment plan to be effective, it must address the various underlying issues surrounding the addiction, and these issues will vary widely among individuals.
- An individual’s treatment plan must be continually monitored and assessed to meet changing and emerging needs.
- Between one-third and one-half of people who have a substance addiction also suffer from a mental health disorder, and each illness must be treated separately. However, treatments must also be integrated for the best outcome.
Find out more about these treatment options available at Drug Rehab Centers Lansdale, PA by calling us now at 215-383-2672.
*Not all insurance policies are the same. Insurance coverage varies based on individual policies. All logos and trademarks are the sole and exclusive rights of their respective owners.